The way in which we decorate our home says a lot about us and our personalities. This is why the way in which we arrange and decorate our home is very important in how we live our lives. Our world is fast paced, and we are bombarded with ideas on what to wear, eat and buy for our homes. But most of us have not given much thought to the fact that how we arrange our rooms surely has an effect on or moods, our creativity, and our energy levels. There are ways our home interiors can help us. By sprucing up our home and our home interiors, we can spruce up our lives.
- Make use of proportion and scale. Proportion and scale can be achieved with windows and window treatments and/or furniture. Only use furniture and drapes and valences that complement the total size of the room. You can increase or decrease the size of the windows to better match the room with the style and design of your window treatments.
- Rooms should have focus points - rooms that have a point which draws your attention flow better. Possibilities include art or wall hangings, an architectural wall with various angles, or a custom made window treatment or valence to add the finishing touch and that pays attention to detail.
- Every room needs a sense of balance – you do this by balancing the room visually, spreading out the visually demanding and the visually subtle throughout the entire room.
- Color obviously affects our moods. Using positive colors can shift energies around and make the world of difference in your mood and energy level.
- Using harmony in our living space is very important - All the rooms in your home need to have a strong sense of harmony to them.
Home interior decor and design is often a highly sensitive subject. Many people feel that they really know what they are doing but the result is quite the contrary. Interior design consultants can help with rearranging items, suggesting upholstery materials, to ideas for window treatments to finish off the room. Experimentation is the key, and décor creativity will not only reinvent your home, but inject new energy to your life.